Monday, September 25, 2006

117 dB In The Shade


Distraught by his team's ponderous
deficit, Giant's coach Tom Coughlin
frantically puffs and imaginary
cigar in a desperate attempt
to relax.

Dear D-Bag:

I'm assuming that you haven't answered my last post because you have something lodged in your throat or are trapped under something heavy. I'll just continue:

Went to the game. I've never seen such a first-quarter shellacking handed out by the 'Hawks. I was stunned, but not ungrateful. The fans were delightfully loud. And I have no harsh words for our mistakes in the fourth quarter. The Giants (or Los Gigantes as they say in Spanish) are a good team, and I would expect nothing less than them to try to overcome a deficit, no matter how large, by any means at their disposal. Bravo, chaps. Now kindly go home.

What peeves me beyond belief is that the press has utterly and completely ignored the game other than to mention the in-fighting between the team and their coach, viz., Shockey's "we were outplayed and out-coached" comment. And also Coughlin's comment about "my team is a bunch of lip-strumming dumbasses who suck hard enough to draw a golf ball through a garden hose". Or something to that effect. I digress.

No we got nothin'. And I agree that there were bigger stories. The Bengals' removal of Joey Porter's ever-spouting piehole. The Broncos' removal of New England's morale. The surgeon's removal of Chris Simms' spleen. But c'mon - no front page coverage whatsoever? It's as though the game didn't even happen. The Lions-Colts game got more coverage, and that was a sure thing.

But let's flip this argument altogether. Let's say who gives a crap about the press. Let's say we just continue to fly under that radar all the way to Miami. Got any argument with that?

Discuss.

-Thaddeus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home